In the beginning of the internet it was a source of information and today entertainment and shopping have accompanied this attitude. But research is still the main factor when it comes to web use.
Before social media people went mainly to search engines to research and to find products and services. Today in times of social media the products and services find them through discussions, content sharing and recommendations from friends and followers. And even on the road these information are accessible through mobile devices.
This evolution of information technology also arrived to the B2B companies.
The search volume on Facebook has overtaken Google. And there are not only consumers who research there. B2B is also using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and other social networks to research for products, services, industry related information and new business partners.
Nobody says that a product or service with a volume of hundreds of thousands of dollars has to be sold on Facebook. But the first contact can be made there and the further discussions and negotiations can be took offline to close the deal.
Social media is a great way to showcase a business and to offer a more personal insight view. A company has great opportunities to show personality to attract the right buyer persona and to get in touch with the right new future customer when this one is looking out for products and services.
All social media sites also have mobile apps; their reach also spreads wider and is working 24/7. Not only teenagers are surfing on social networks through their mobile devices. B2B decision makes do this as well and their number is increasing!
“Research from ad agency TricomB2B and University of Dayton School of Business Administration showed an even higher concentration of B2B influencers researching purchases on mobile devices.”
How can you and a B2B firm leverage this information above for your business?
- 1. Start a social media presence. Complete your profile there.
- 2. Research for industry related B2B groups and people. Become a member and invite those people to your network.
- 3. Listen to their discussions. If you have something valuable to contribute than do it, otherwise go on listening.
- 4. Start a corporate blog. Write about topics your B2B audience is interested in. Share your blog articles in social media and ask for feedback for your publication.
- 5. Build landing pages and offer exclusive and valuable content for download. So you generate laser target high quality industry related B2B leads.
- 6. Measure your activities.
- 7. Improve your activities and repeat.
What do you think? How are your experiences?
Further important resorces:
To stay up to date, please subscribe to our RSS Feed
Tweet this on Twitter!
Free report: Get found and get leads the smart way.
AWeber's email marketing software makes it easy.
Learn how they can do it for you, too.
Take A Free Test Drive Today!