QR codes are around for several years now.
But with the increasing demand of creative marketing challenges, they come more and more into the focus of marketing professionals worldwide.
What’s a QR code?
A QR code is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
They have understand that with the massive growth of the mobile device and applications market, the potential customers, which are in hurry should have the opportunity to get information on the fly to review it later when it’s more convenient for them.
We all know those situation, we walk around the street and come across an interesting product or offer.
In the most cases we do not have a pencil and a piece of paper to write down the contact info to reach out to the seller later.
But we have our iPhone, Blackberry or any other smart phone, maybe with a QR app installed!
- Traffic was up 16x in 2010 overall
- Traffic doubled since the last Trend Report in September
- UPC scanning outpaced 2D codes as a result of the holiday shopping season
- The largest scan days were the day after Thanksgiving (“Black Friday”) and Christmas Day (as people received gifts, many being new Smartphone’s)
- The top most used features for people scanning UPC codeshare Coupons, Prices, and Nutritional Info. This reflects previous learning that Food and Personal Care are the most scanned categories.
- There was a 13% increase in female to male traffic, and a 25% increase in the 25-54 age groups. This is likely indicative of how the technology is evolving, and going more mainstream.
- Real estate agents
- Billboard Ads
- Guerilla marketing campaigns
- In-store displays
- Event ticketing and tracking
- Business cards
- Print ads
- Direct mail campaigns
- Email marketing
- Trade shows
- U.S. Army
- Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum
- Lviv Tourism Movement (Ukraine)
- Sports Illustrated
- Tim McGraw and Dave Matthews
Do you use QR code for business and how are your experiences? I am curious to read your comment. Please leave your comment below.Further important resources:
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
AWeber's email marketing software makes it easy.
Learn how they can do it for you, too.
Take A Free Test Drive Today!