When you have this kind of situation than a special sort of criminal is approaching your business, times thieve! 🙂
But don’t panic and remain calm.
Sure he is not a real criminal in the sense of law, but he steals your valuable time, and time is money, so on the end of the day he steals you the opportunity to talk to a really interested future customer, right?
You protect your home from thieves but do you protect your time?
Here are some tips how you can protect your valuable time from time thieves:
- Ask them to register on a landing page to get more info. So you sort out the most of them and save time on lead qualification.
- If you need more info and other than you can ask on the landing page, sent them a questionnaire to complete and to return to you. If they do not do it, they are not serious and would never do business with you. You safe your time on evaluating his stuff.
- When they send you the questionnaire back, but not complete try to get the missing info from them and ask by email. If they are serious, they will reply, if not you safe time again and have not to try to convince them of anything, because they are not serious and will never buy from you.
- Ok, now all questions are answered from the lead, but the leads brings up new excuse- doubt, when the last was cleared from you through facts, so you get the feeling “time thieve” than he is probably one.
- At this point the time has come to say him good by. You can say to him “Your ideas are interesting, I will keep them in mind” that is how to end a conversation with a time thief.
Infographic: Lead Generation
How are your experiences with time thieves? I am looking forward to your comment.
Further valuabel sources:
- 8 secrets to generating leads at trade shows
- Creating an Effective Lead Generation Program
- How to Multiply Marketing results the Smart Way? Combine In and Outbound
- How B2B Marketers Can do Social Media Lead Generation the Smart Way
AWeber's email marketing software makes it easy.
Learn how they can do it for you, too.
Take A Free Test Drive Today!