Current analysis show impressive statistics where millions of people will be using advanced email ready phones.
Morgan Stanley Research predicts that sales of smart phones will exceed those of PCs within 2 years.
- According to Juniper Research annual sales of smart phones over 300 million by 2013.
- Sales of smart phones will exceed those of PCs within 2 years.
- Studies also show that people surf about four hours in social media compared with one hour from their PC.
- 30% of consumers are already using mobile devices to read personal email.
The importance of mobile email is growing rapidly and is playing an increasing role in email marketing.
When you send out email to your leads and customers than that information above should lead you to seriously consider to adopting mobile marketing strategies.
When you create mobile friendly email by adopting new tactics tailored specially for mobile devices than you increase your chances to get your message read.
To get started follow these Tipps:
- When you do an email template, and then also do a text version of your message. For the mobile template set width 320 pixels with a single column.
- Keep your images small and brief and describe them using the ALT tag.
- Space your clickable links to make them easier clickable.
- Put the most important content on the top, where it can be seen very quickly.
- Make your subject line and your message attractive, short and compelling. [According to Marketing Sherpa, the average user only spends 15-20 seconds looking at your email]
- Test you email look and feel here Litmus and Previewmyemail.
- Ad a mobile option to your newsletter subscription form, for example a checkbox “get mail on mobile”.
Marketing takeaway tip: When you make it easy and possible for your subscribers to read your message on their smart phones than more and more of them will take action. Those points above are easy to get done. Just do it!
- 5 Tactics For Successful Mobile Email Marketing
- Things You Should Be Testing in Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing – Target the Human Not the Mobile Number
To stay up to date, please subscribe to our RSS Feed
Tweet this on Twitter!
AWeber's email marketing software makes it easy.
Learn how they can do it for you, too.
Take A Free Test Drive Today!