A recent survey from Oracle found out that a growing number of customers are reaching out to companies for support through social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp and thought their corporate blog.
Those users expect companies to response quickly, in less than a day, to their requests. The quick response and serious reaction to requests or events which happen is an essential part to profit from the communication which breaks out. To wait hours to give comments or answers could cost the essential market and marketing advantage.
But customers do not only contact brands for support requests they also often reach out to them to learn more about new products and services. If a brand is able to publish important product and services related news exclusively to their network first this would help to improve loyalty with their network. This can also result in an improvement of revenue in the long term.
About one third of surveyed customers expect to reach a customer service representative or product expert when they reach out to a brand.
The possible benefits for companies who stick to serious social media communication can be huge. They can build a solid base to build brand advocates who spread the word on their behalf.
One of the most successful ways to start the conversation is to publish interesting content on a blog and spread it to social networks where the target audience is around. Content marketing is the name of this strategy.
Companies which publish remarkable and buyer persona oriented content, means you should talk about topics your customer is interested in rather than abut topics you are interested in, show their expertise and build trust with their audience.
4 Reasons why companies should leverage social media:
- • Increase brand awareness
- • Humanize B2B companies
- • Establish as thought leader
- • Connecting with customers and prospects
Social Media has proven to be a great source of targeted high quality leads for B2C and B2B. An increasing number of marketers see lead generation as their greatest online marketing challenge.
Infographic: Social Customer Service
7 Steps how you can you profit from social media?
- 1. Start a social media presence. Complete your profile there
- 2. Research for industry related groups and people. Become a member and invite those people to your network
- 3. Listen to their discussions. If you have something valuable to contribute than do it, otherwise go on listening
- 4. Start a corporate blog. Write about topics your audience is interested in. Share your blog articles in social media and ask for feedback for your publication
- 5. Build landing pages and offer exclusive and valuable content for download. So you generate laser target high quality industry related leads
- 6. Measure your activities
- 7. Improve your activities and repeat
Social customer support is your great chance to showcase the quality and dedication of your company. Use every request as an opportunity to make a WOW feeling with the person who reaches out to your company.