LinkedIn has updated their privacy conditions.
LinkedIn is now permitted to use your name and picture in any of their advertisements. So they can use this throughout their whole network for their marketing purposes!
How scary, or maybe not…? 😉
Ok, here are two ways you can deal with this:
First – You can forbid it by change your privacy settings this way:
- 1. Place the cursor on your name at the top right corner of the screen. From the small
- pull down menu that appears, select “settings”
- 2. Then click “Account” on the left/bottom
- 3. In the column next to Account, select the option “Manage Social Advertising”
- 4. Finally un-tick the box “LinkedIn may use my name and photo in social advertising”
- 5. and Save
Or, the Second possibility – You can use this as an opportunity to let market LinkedIn your business throughout their whole network for FREE! Simply let them do the branding job for your business and paying not a dime for this!
How does this sound for you? 😉
Here is how it works:
You simply change your photo to a branding tool! Use your photo by inserting your brand LOGO how I have done here with my LinkedIn photo. That’s it.
Now LinkedIn is very welcome to use my photo throughout their whole network as long as they want. 😉
I only can say THANK YOU LINKEDIN for this tremendous FREE marketing opportunity and God bless you! 🙂
By the way, you can do this on Twitter, Facebook and other networks as well.
— Let me know what you think and how your results are.
- How to keep your face out of LinkedIn ads
- LinkedIn Tip: How to Opt-Out of Social Advertising
- LinkedIn “alert” shows users still on edge about privacy
To stay up to date, please subscribe to our RSS Feed
Tweet this on Twitter!
FREE Report: 8 Steps To Get Seen On LinkedIn 100+ Million User Base