Successful companies use every possible communication channel to get in touch with their target audience. They are interested in what their recent and future customers are thinking and communicating about them.
This communication ability helps them to better understand and to serve their audience, which sets them apart from their competition and gives them wide advantages in their business field.
Businesses which are willing to communicate with their audience in blogs and social media show that they care about the people who spend their money with them.
Businesses which avoid an open and authentic communication in blogs and social media show exactly the opposite. Why should the customer than care about to make any further business with them?
Successful businesses in B2C and B2B have embraced the wide opportunities which blogs and social media offers to them to spread the word and to reach their audience where there are around.
Recent data show that B2B marketers are very satisfied with the benefits of their social media marketing:
- — Over 56% of B2B marketers acquired new business partnerships through social media, compared to 45% of B2C
- — 60% of B2B marketers saw improved search rankings from their social efforts, compared to 50% of B2C
- — 69% of B2B marketers are more able to gather marketplace insights from their social efforts, compared to 60% of B2C
- — But B2C marketers are better when it comes to developing a loyal fan base (63% of B2C vs. 53% of B2B marketers)
Where are Marketers going in 2012?
- • 76% of B2B marketers will increase their use of LinkedIn
- • 55% of B2C marketers will increase their use of LinkedIn
- • 71% of B2B marketers plan to invest more time in blogging
- • 65% of B2C marketers plan to invest more time in blogging
- • 68% B2B marketers will increase their use of Facebook
- • 76% B2C companies will increase their use of Facebook
Infographic: How Engaged is Your Brand?
The 2012 topics of interest for Marketers are:
Marketers are also interested on how to measure the effectiveness of social media, how to converting activities to sales and to learn the best social media tactics.
Do you have position your business for an open and authentic communication with your audience in blogs and social media yet?