Social media has become an important communication channel for businesses online. Its importance is growing by the technology developments for social media analytics which enable businesses and there for marketing responsible employees to exactly show the ROI of social media marketing to their executives!
Companies increasingly embrace social media and the other important strategies like content marketing and real time marketing an
Social media sites like Facebook with its more than 750 million users, Twitter with its more than 280 million users and the business network LinkedIn with its more than 100 million users offer wide opportunities for businesses, not matter if they are B2B or B2C, to get seen and to get in touch with their future customers.
One billion humans are online world wide and when you take a closer look at the numbers above you can clearly see that it looks like that almost every online user seems to be active in social med.
That leaves only one conclusion, that your future customer is active in social media as well! Which leaves a second conclusion, that your competitor is their also!
Take look at this Social Media Infographik:
- “53 percent of people on Twitter recommend companies or their products in their tweets.”
- “42% of companies active on Twitter report that they have got new customers through Twitter.”
- “Dell was the first company which published their results of Twitter marketing. They made eight million dollars from their Twitter marketing within one year.”
Twitter has more than 280,000,000 users worldwide. So it seems that about 28% of the global online population is on Twitter. These people are all potential future clients for any branch of industry.
Do not cheat yourself by trying to convince yourself that your customers are not on Twitter. For sure they are, so you should hurry to get in touch with them there before your competition takes this opportunity because while you are hesitate.
So what can you do to take advantage of Twitter for your business?
- 1st Register with Twitter and complete your profile and customize it.
- 2nd Start to observe the conversation related to your industry. To do this you should download and install TweetDeck. Set you brand name and look if it is mentioned. If mentioned, respond in real time if necessary.
- 3rd Go to Google Alerts and set Alerts for your name, your company brand, your products, your best customers and your top ten competitors. These alert will be delivered directly to you email box as news appear. This keeps you updated and by the way you monitor your brand name mentions, which offer you the opportunity to respond in real time if necessary.
- 4th Lookout for your competition and invite their followers to your Twitter.
- 5th Connect with your audience on Twitter and start the conversation.
- 6th Share interesting and helpful content. Not only yours but other content from other sources as well.
- 7th When you publish your own content include a call to action which directs your reader to dedicated landing pages.
- 8th Do Twitter exclusive specific promotions for your Twitter followers. Direct them to landing pages for lead generation.
- 9th Promote your Press Release on Twitter. To learn how take a look at HubSpot how they have published a PR on Twitter with its 140 characters.
- 10th Incorporate effective landing page for lead generation. This will ensure a steady flow of fresh business leads for your sales team.
Incorporate the above for your Twitter marketing, test, measure and refine.
Take look at this Twitter Infographik:
— How are your experiences with Twitter for marketing and lead generation? Leave your comment below.
Further impotant resource:
- Shockingly, Twitter Users Don’t Mind Its Ads
- Was Biz Stone Wrong to Leave Twitter?
- The case against an Apple TV set
To stay up to date, please subscribe to our RSS Feed
Tweet this on Twitter!